Brace yourself for this one.
I’ll set the scene:
- One day left of my Winter Recess before returning to my 4th graders (not happy about vacation ending).
- After having two full weeks off I couldn’t help but feel kinda guilty about The Fiance only having one measly day off (banks suck, teachers rule).
- Just returned from my run and was actually feeling a little antsy.
So, I decided to make him the Last
Supper Breakfast before we were back to reality, work. Eww.
Who invented that horrific word anyway?
There, I said it.
Doesn’t mean I have to like it.
I’ve been trying to throw together carrot cake pancakes for some time, it’s even on my 2012 Recipe Bucket List, however, never had all the ingredients I wanted to include in my posession.
Today I was determined to make it work.
Carrot cake pancakes would come out of my kitchen one way or another.
Yeah, you can say I’m a little stubborn. But, just a little.
I gave the refigerator a quick once-over and was delighted to find that I had one small container of carrot baby food (don’t ask) in my fridge, carrots, some shredded coconut left from these, and tons of spices. SCORE!
I went to work transforming my good old pumpkin pancake recipe into these babies:
CARROT CAKE PANCAKES THE SIZE OF THE PLATE.
Why so large? Honestly, I’ve just always thought mammoth-sized pancakes always looked so much more impresive than puny silver dollar pancakes. And what can I say? I like to be impressive!
These were OUT OF CONTROL.
Did I add a cream cheese frosting drizzle?
Didn’t think of it.
Maybe next time.
But to be quite honest, they didn’t need it. A drizzle of maple syrup was the perfect compliment to these fluffy pancakes.
I will definitely make these again. Actually, I have two more ridiculously large pancakes in the freezer as we
s peak type.
I may hurry and go to bed ASAP so that it’s morning.
Carrot Cake Pancake Time!
And now I get to cross them off my list. It’s a WIN-WIN situation.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1½ cups almond milk (may sub with any milk)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (7 oz.) container carrot baby food puree
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- Mix together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients: milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, carrot puree, shredded carrot, and coconut.
- Combine the two until just combined.
- Heat your griddle, spray with non-stick spray, and spoon batter onto it. Once bubbles begin to appear, flip and cook on the other side.
For more recipes, CLICK HERE.
You may also like: